Skip to main content

Ping! It's a E-mail.

"I'm a very private person; yet I'm an open book..
You don't ask.. you won't know!"- Khushi

•••••••••••••

Gone are the days when people wrote letters. That anticipation and eagerness in waiting for their arrival was all worth; as though it was the person itself who touched your soul. The nervousness that wreaked upon while replying to them and thinking about their reactions.

Gone are the letters, gone are their sweet wait,
It's all about this digital era portraying our hatred to wait.

••••••••••••••

If only you could count on your fingers, how many people you meet online daily.
Making 'em all your friends and corrivals.

Then there was this person,
Folly as thou shalt say,
I replied him out of blue, which took him to dismay.
Funny, smart and a little foolish as I say;
Turns out he was a good mate as thy shall say.
A good listener he is,
But an over exaggerated person one might say,
But he ain't no foe and a good friend whom upon I can relay.
And then one day he mailed me his letter,
Which took me by surprise,
I was left speechless.. by this good friend of mine.

••••••••••••••

[Ishan's part]

"Just a small genuine attempt to pen down my feelings/thoughts about you! In a world full of people flirting, appreciation is rare. Hope this brings a smile on your face!

Hello Dairy

Yes its been long since we talked. I know, the digital era has taken over and very few people actually mind talking to you. Well, in light of the recent events, I was forced to pen down my feelings. Its about, “The girl I met on Instagram”!

Yes, you guessed it right. It’s a girl!

I know, its always a girl!

But I am telling you, this one is different(actually). Remember, how I used to boast about myself and my achievements, well, I am not sure if I can do that any further. Not at least in front of her. So let me begin from the start, don’t worry I won’t bore you to death. Besides, you are the only thing thats alive to me and she is the kinda girl who never fails to fascinate!

So, it all started in high school. A random request to a fellow school mate(yes, not classmate, she is junior), accepted!! Woaah, I am already excited. And as any immature boy would do, I sent her message: “Hi”. No reply. After few days again; “Hi, Ishan here!” (thought that would sound different). Again no reply. Well, by now you clearly know that she was not into me.

Yes, yes, yes. Thats what popular girls do!

*3 years later*

(Now I call this abrupt transitions 😅 )

She actually saw my message. God, not on messenger but on Instagram. Yes, she just did. I am happy 😁.Lol no, I am dancing 😍🤩!! And soon, seen changed to typing. Yes she actually replied to me. Yes, ME !!!

Well, I prayed to god last night before sleeping. So maybe, there is some God! Now, I had to do something that I was clearly not prepared for. Not to sound, weird or mainstream or boring and yet to remain myself (PRO tip: Always be yourself). So yes, I texted her in one of the best possible way I could, out of the 23 possibilities I imagined. We talked!! God, I am the luckiest human on earth right now!

From getting replies once a week to texting daily, I was doing great on my part!

Ohh wait, I know you must be thinking that I am directly going to the main plot without giving the trailer. So yeah, let me tell you about this girl.

Khushi!

.

.

.

Oops, I was lost😅🙈 . Yeah, so Khushi, just as her name suggests, she has been bringing smile on my face with each text of hers. Its mesmerising, how much beauty comes naturally. We are blessed with a sky of gazillion forms. An awestruck beauty of nature. Yet, all this things fail in front of her. She has dis kinda long hair, not too straight, not too curly, kinda wavy; umm, just perfect. Those eyes of hers, if looked into, can tell you a thousand stories. Inspired, motivated, passionate, grateful, open minded and what not! Just check the dictionary and that too wouldn’t be enough to express her. And ohh god yes, that smile of hers…Actually, its hard to describe her this way, because if you happen to see her, I am sure you too, like me, fall short of words. She seems to be the princess who knows how to make her way and slay! Yes, she has an excellent dressing style and damm that attitude, or shall I say it self-confidence, she wears it as if she owns everything. A girl so imperfectly perfect, that would make one believe in the very existence of magic. Beauty with brains would be the metaphor that would best suit her.

I stay online every time, just to make sure that I don’t miss any of her texts. Most of the times going again and again through her Instagram profile or waiting for her to reply. I mean, you don’t want to have a bad impression with those late replies. (No, thats just an excuse, she is so damn special, ohh god, how can I make her wait). She tells me the kinda person she is, and all the achievements she has accomplished so far. And god, when she told me this, I won’t lie, but I swear, she is “The girl with goals”. And who on earth would not want a woman like her in their life. Just perfect in every way. I mean, you can find many good looking women, but a women with such an amazing personality, is surely a treat to ones soul.

I just want to talk to her 24*7. God no, I don’t want to talk to her (I have heard, texts can create a lot of misunderstandings). I want to meet her. Guess why? Yes, her eyes. I know, its always the eyes. I just want to meet her and look at those hard to resist eyes and just know her story. Although, I talk a lot, but when with her, I doubt! Also, I am jealous. Jealous of the people who get to see her, meet her, talk to her everyday! 😣

From one text a week to talking daily on Instagram, I surely have made a lot of progress. And I can say that because, its hard to impress her and yes, I think I do can make her smile or cheer up her mood! Gosh! I doubt if I am a friend of hers or she just happens to be my celebrity crush! No matter what, I feel so lucky to have such an amazing person like her in my life. God, please make her stay. I promise to be a good man. (Secretly wishing, *I would even share my cake with her*)

And yes girl, smile. Not because its a beautiful world out there, or its the end of the story, but because, there is this idiot who would do anything to see you smile :)

And yes, I guess our story has just started…

“Kuch Durr chalo saath us modh tak hee.

Jab voh modh ayega to main bataunga nahi”"

[Mailed by Bhatt]

••••••••••••••

"Are khushnaseeb to hum hai janaab,
Jinke dost lekhak hai"- Khushi

••••••••••••••

[First collaboration with Ishan Bhatt]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

E dil ye alfaasz unn tak pohcha aa

Aj phir dil me baat kuch aisi aa gai.. Labo se nikali but par unn tak pohoch nai payi.. Baatein to aisi kari ke kya kahe janaab.. Mushayre se shaayaro ki bhi waah waahi sunai di aai.. Yu to pyar me ghayal ho tum ye tumhari kavita me dikhayi dia.. Tukhraye huye dil se hi pucho.. ke e dil tu kitni baar hai roya.? Jab vo tera pyaar hi samajh nai paaya to tune kaha kuch hai khoya! Phir meine bhi kaha mere dil se.. Ke e dil mujhe itna bata de.. aj unki yaad bohot aa rhi.. thodi yaad meri bhi unko dila de.. Phir dil ne kaha.. mat rona tu uss be-dil insaan ke liye.. arey royega to vo jab usse pata chalega ke kya kya kia tha mere pyaar ne mere liye jab chod jayega uska aashiq usse kisi aur ke liye. Sunn ke ye baat.. Sunn ke ye baat.. meri aakh se vo ek aasu chalak hi gaya.. nai chahati ye haal ho mere pyaar ka.. jo haal mera vo kar gaya. Aj bhi unki baatein, vo yaadein bohot hi taza si hai.. unki vo khilkhilati hasi abhi bhi laati mere chehre pe hasi hai. Unka vo kas ke pakad na, a

Priorities

Standing still looking at the window shills Thinking about how all those moments and memories feels The thought saddened me At first it was a pang deep in my heart that eloped me And slowly I dared to close my eyes Went deep inside that embrace of our memories The smiles and laughs felt so lively The cries and wounds felt so deeply Long stares Envying cares Yes it was 2 am and so I remember It was your groaning on the other side That made me laugh on my insides Not even a day had gone without you on my side Not even a moment spared without your olinging sight You were my nature, my environment Where your voice was my bird chirping enjoyment Deep inside me I felt that you were the paradise I'm looking for You were the one I was thinking of cherishing myself upon Had this cord attached to my heart It was your name it was beating all about It was then I was welcomed into the sweet embrace of the sleep Cuddling me into it Never had I knew that I'll losing