Skip to main content

Flames of Fame

Fame.
It was always FAME. The only thing that makes you and in a way destroys a little part of you. They've always said, " think twice what you wish for"; but you know that 13 year old me knew nothing better than my own naïve-ness.
I always wish they see me like they did in hush tones when the most attractive and confident humans walk in my highschool corridor. Being a chocolate skin short and stout girl, I always wanted to be admired or rather one can simply comprehend as being the ' centre of attention'.
Days and years passed by, onto which I've gained what that 13 year old me wished for. I was the centre of attraction; admired for once, by the fairer (not referring to the complexion here) class of humans. It was always great if you'd ask me. To have folks initiating conversations, being intrigued by you is all one could ever ask for.
But now, here I am, 8 years later, that same 13 year old who is quite vulnerable but have mastered the acts of masks. There are a fair amount of people that know me; well-wishers and antagonists, both of fairer amount. They know my fame, they admire this fame and lifestyle. They think it's all fairytales; which I might agree on because for me, the life I live and the privileges I have, provided by my family, is something I'm grateful for. This lifestyle formed me, moulded me into this picture perfect creature which I'm forever grateful for.
What is actually bothersome are the antagonists. Them being green with envy. Friends or foe, I for a fact know what goes behind the scenes unfortunately. Sugercoating on my lips but peeling of onto my back. They see how perfect Lúcrecia is.. smart, beautiful, rich, confident and the way she carries herself and the situations. But there's this moment where Lú was questioned, whether is it what takes ( the qualities) to be loved? Was she ever loved? Was she ever understood?
Where did that girl go whom she called her, her sister. To whom she loved boundlessly, beside whom she'd stand no matter what. Where did that girl go when she was asked for the support?
She left her? Oh she did. But more importantly, what did Lú do? She smiled and carried on.
Where did Guzman go? For him cheating on her was easy; even when she confessed her feelings for him and begged him, he left her after being with her for years. That day Guzman, you not only broke Lú's heart, but you shattered every ounce of trust she ever had in beings and relationships. She began questioning herself, on her sanity when she was alone. You left her doubting everything she'll ever want in her future.
They see her brightened up charisma, her strong persona, her smiles and they thought that she's alright; good lord that even rhymed!
They assume she's enjoying this but in reality she wished if she were normal, she wished if she weren't so complex. She missed your presence that day but you weren't there with her.. not even as a friend that you were before you two got together.
You were only for her fame and the name she represents. And like always you came back seeking for her fame again, with your sugercoted lines but what did she do? She just smiled and left.
That smile was hollowness that you with many others whom she have had lost.
Even her homies see her shine and get blinded but did they ever thought how cruelly she brushed herself, scribbling of her past to shine so bright?
They think this is just her immature phase and it shall pass, but do they see her distancing herself apart?
Take a moment a little longer than you think, look past her trendy designer clothes, shoes and accessories. You'll see a simple girl, that 13 year old Lúcrecia, who finds it hard to express herself.

Maybe if it weren't for the people who broke her apart, had she be this beautiful mess. Look what you may, inside her battles to get back on her feet with her head held high. She's a girl of dreams and aspirations whose would come true, for you shall never know the true Lú. The only one who knows her, is ought to be herself; secrets that her walls and mirrors know but couldn't ever tell.
And here I am at 2 in the morning, rhyming this raw draft piece up but mirror mirror do you still really think it is the flames of fame or/and know her at all?

- "You still think you know me?"
Khushali.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

E dil ye alfaasz unn tak pohcha aa

Aj phir dil me baat kuch aisi aa gai.. Labo se nikali but par unn tak pohoch nai payi.. Baatein to aisi kari ke kya kahe janaab.. Mushayre se shaayaro ki bhi waah waahi sunai di aai.. Yu to pyar me ghayal ho tum ye tumhari kavita me dikhayi dia.. Tukhraye huye dil se hi pucho.. ke e dil tu kitni baar hai roya.? Jab vo tera pyaar hi samajh nai paaya to tune kaha kuch hai khoya! Phir meine bhi kaha mere dil se.. Ke e dil mujhe itna bata de.. aj unki yaad bohot aa rhi.. thodi yaad meri bhi unko dila de.. Phir dil ne kaha.. mat rona tu uss be-dil insaan ke liye.. arey royega to vo jab usse pata chalega ke kya kya kia tha mere pyaar ne mere liye jab chod jayega uska aashiq usse kisi aur ke liye. Sunn ke ye baat.. Sunn ke ye baat.. meri aakh se vo ek aasu chalak hi gaya.. nai chahati ye haal ho mere pyaar ka.. jo haal mera vo kar gaya. Aj bhi unki baatein, vo yaadein bohot hi taza si hai.. unki vo khilkhilati hasi abhi bhi laati mere chehre pe hasi hai. Unka vo kas ke pakad na, a

Ping! It's a E-mail.

"I'm a very private person; yet I'm an open book.. You don't ask.. you won't know!" - Khushi ••••••••••••• Gone are the days when people wrote letters. That anticipation and eagerness in waiting for their arrival was all worth; as though it was the person itself who touched your soul. The nervousness that wreaked upon while replying to them and thinking about their reactions. Gone are the letters, gone are their sweet wait, It's all about this digital era portraying our hatred to wait. •••••••••••••• If only you could count on your fingers, how many people you meet online daily. Making 'em all your friends and corrivals. Then there was this person, Folly as thou shalt say, I replied him out of blue, which took him to dismay. Funny, smart and a little foolish as I say; Turns out he was a good mate as thy shall say. A good listener he is, But an over exaggerated person one might say, But he ain't no foe and a good friend whom upon I c

Priorities

Standing still looking at the window shills Thinking about how all those moments and memories feels The thought saddened me At first it was a pang deep in my heart that eloped me And slowly I dared to close my eyes Went deep inside that embrace of our memories The smiles and laughs felt so lively The cries and wounds felt so deeply Long stares Envying cares Yes it was 2 am and so I remember It was your groaning on the other side That made me laugh on my insides Not even a day had gone without you on my side Not even a moment spared without your olinging sight You were my nature, my environment Where your voice was my bird chirping enjoyment Deep inside me I felt that you were the paradise I'm looking for You were the one I was thinking of cherishing myself upon Had this cord attached to my heart It was your name it was beating all about It was then I was welcomed into the sweet embrace of the sleep Cuddling me into it Never had I knew that I'll losing